Occasionally you may be asked to provide certified documents as part of the Know Your Customer ("KYC") or Anti Money Laundering ("AML") process. This is standard practice in the UK financial services industry for all investors including those outside the UK.
Section 1 - All documents must be "certified" by a professional, such as:
- Post Office Verification Service
- Bank or Building Society official;
- Doctor or Dentist;
- Religious Minister;
- Teacher or Lecturer;
Section 2 - The certification must include:
- The certification must state: "I confirm this is a true copy of the original";
- The name of the person certifying the document;
- Their signature;
- Their occupation;
- Their contact details (address and telephone number);
- Their qualification/status;
The certification must be dated and have occurred within the previous 3 months.
Note. Documents that are not certified can not be accepted under any circumstances.
Section 3 - Any non-english text must be translated into english and certified as "a true accurate translation of the original" and include all areas in section 2.